GETting right with God
if i am not a christian, what must i do to get right with god?
God LOVES you and has been trying to get your attention!
If you now want to get right with Him, then you need to take the following steps:
- Admit your insensitivity to His communication (the Bible calls this having a hardened heart).
- Recognize and admit that in your life you have done wrong (the Bible calls this sin).
- Turn away from doing your own thing and be prepared to let God lead you.
- Understand that when Jesus Christ died upon the cross, He died as the penalty for your sin. He took your punishment. Jesus willingly laid down His life so that you could come into a relationship with God. This privilege is based solely on your faith in the worth of Jesus' blood shed for you. Jesus is the sinless and eternal Son of God. (Jesus was raised from the dead after three days as proof of God's acceptance of Jesus' blood as payment for your sin).
- With this knowledge, now ask God with all of your heart for forgiveness for all your sins. By faith as you pray this prayer, your sin is placed upon Christ, and in return God has brought you into right standing with Himself. You are now born again and have eternal life. Hallelujah!
- If you prayed that prayer, you have been cleansed from your sin and now need the Holy Spirit to fill you so that you have the power to live the Christian life. Simply ask Jesus to fill you with His Spirit right now.
- CONGRATULATIONS! You have just made the most important decision of your life!
- Where do you go from here?
- Get to know God by reading the Bible daily (The Gospel of Mark in the New Testament is a great place to start).
- Set aside a time to speak with God in prayer on a daily basis.
- Ask Him to lead you to a Spirit-filled church that you may be strengthened and encouraged by the faith of other believers.
Source: The Divinity Code: To Understanding Your Dreams and Visions by Adam F. Thompson & Adrian Beale | pages 661-662